Monday, June 20, 2011

home sweet HOME girl

I have social anxiety. Bad. If you see me anywhere besides my home or front yard, you can assume that I am at least a four on the nervous scale. If you see me at Walmart, I'm probably a NINE POINT SEVEN! I might look all calm and collected but, trust me, I'm not! I don't know why I struggle with this but since I was 21, I have had these issues of anxiety and panic. It's really weird too because I am a people person...I love to talk and be around people and get to know people. This disorder has sort of messed with my true personality. The bright side is that I am SO MUCH BETTER now. I go out most days snd do whatever needs to be done. The kids and I go to church, the library, the pool, the grocery store, even Walmart. I have come a long way considering when Chris and I first married, I only left our apartment for work or to see family, and I even had difficulty with those. I am so thankful that God has brought me out of that. Even so, there is seriously no place I would rather be than HOME. I hope to travel more when the kids are older because I want them to see the world, of course. I want to take them to the beach and to see the Amish country and to Disney world...and all of the other vacation hot spots. As for me, who needs to leave home when there is google earth and postcards? I would just as soon stay HOME. I am so much like my dad. Daddy can stay home in Skeetrock for weeks, tucked away in the mountain. His church is right next door and he has a pond to fish in. The only thing he likes to do is some door to door church visitation. We are both really content and like to be still. My brother, however, is just like my mom. They are on the first plane out of here. They both love Vegas and big cities and excitement! They love a trip and a restaurant meal. Me and dad would rather cook our own meals so they are just right. Now Chris just goes with the flow and that is what I love about my husband. He is happy and content wherever doing whatever. I think HOME is one of my favorite words. I wanted for my first blog to explain why I'm a HOME girl. So there you go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started blogging! You will realize it's a great outlet. I too am such a homebody. Always have been. However, after being home with Emma for 6 months now I'm ready to get out and enjoy things more. I am feeling cooped up!

    Can't wait to follow your blog. I miss you guys and this will help me keep in touch with you! Lub you guys!

    ReplyDelete